Documenting the development of the prototype of RopeWeaver
Another 3 hours last night has yielded positive results. I spent the evening giving the whole site a good spit and polish, sorting out the layout and the font sizes, splashed some temporary logos about, replaced my drab grey buttons with nice CSS3-styled ones, and generally making the thing look like a somewhat more professional product. I spent a little more time this morning giving it a further clean up, and I think I’m almost there looks wise.
It’s amazing how the cosmetic changes have affected my outlook. I feel much closer to achieving the targets, almost as if most of the work is now done. It isn’t, but it feels that way.
The morning went from good to bad as a huge bug hit. I’ll be 28 this year, and I’ve been programming since I was 16, and for the very first time in my entire coding life one of my own creations blue screened my computer. Sure in the past I’ve had programs with race conditions, hundreds of times, but the worst that ever happened with those was either a crashed Visual Studio or at worst Windows Explorer dies and restarts. Today’s was a full blown computer-locks-up-while-disc-light-goes-crazy-for-two-minutes-then-blue-screen-and-instant-restart. Everything booted back up ok, but attempting the same sequence of events again didn’t yield the same results. Personally I think Visual Studio 2010 has been flaky since the service pack 1 update, so I’m putting it down to that.