Documenting the development of the prototype of RopeWeaver
Painfully slow start to the day, up till 10.00 a.m. I had barely touched a line of code, as I generated pages of A4 scribblings that soon covered my desk. I finally managed to settle myself down to some actual work, with my mind finally beginning to focus as the pieces fell into place in my head. The ensuing burst of activity took me up to lunch, with some good progress made.
Lunch was minestrone soup (different brand to normal) and 2 slices of brown bread.
It was a struggle, but nevertheless by mid-afternoon I finally got a capacity load stacked bar chart displayed. It wasn’t right, but it was displaying. It’s a start.
Andy phoned me at ten to four, to ask me how things were going. I responded that things were slow, and that I wasn’t as confident about meeting the deadline as I had been at our meeting last Wednesday. He then asked me how difficult it would be to use the same system for a second customer, to go live 2 weeks after the first rollout. My pulse increased slightly, and for some reason the words that escaped from my throat were “that won’t be a problem”. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I better go out and buy some Pro Plus…