Documenting the development of the prototype of RopeWeaver
Another week begins, and the grind continues. The weather is warm, so much so that I find myself coding in shorts for the first time this year. This week I need to implement the extra features suggested during last Friday’s meeting, plus I need to figure out what I’m doing with this server I need to purchase, but I’ll leave that one until tomorrow.
Lunch was two poached eggs on two slices of brown toast. With a little black pepper.
Nothing overtly bad or good happened today; I got about as much done as I could, and no more. Some of the code I am producing is sloppy at best, and I am concerned that this might cause the system to not scale very well when the customers start pushing lots of work orders through it. Unfortunately I have no way of testing the actual day-to-day rigours that it will have to face, so I’m going to have to go with a little bit of blind hope here.